This Personal Data Policy (“PD Policy”) sets out how GT Group and its associated individuals/organizations (collectively, “GT Group”, “us”, “our”) collect, use, disclose and retain your personal data.
Among the most important assets of GT Group is the trust and confidence placed in us to properly handle personal data. You can expect us to maintain your personal data accurately, protect your personal data against manipulation and errors and keep your personal data secure from theft and free from unwarranted disclosure.
GT Group recognises its responsibilities in relation to the collection, holding, processing or use of personal data. The provision of your personal data is voluntary.
How we collect personal data
GT Group collects personal data in the following ways:
- when you use our products or services, access our website and use our online and mobile services;
- when you submit documents and application forms to us during the application process for the purchase, or in consideration of the purchase, of our products or services;
- when you submit requests for changes or updates to your policy/products or any other requests in connection with your policy/products including through the submission of servicing forms and documents;
- when you respond to our queries or request for us to contact you;
- when you interact with our personnel, agents, customer service officers or sales representatives via phone, email, face to face meetings, interviews, SMS, fax, social media, mail or electronic mail;
- when we receive referrals and collect personal data from within GT Group, its associated persons/organisations, agents, business partners and product and service providers and third party product and service providers and representatives;
- when you submit personal data to us to participate in a lucky draw, contest, event or competition organised by GT Group, its partners, representatives or service providers; and
Purposes for which personal data is collected, used or disclosed
GT Group collects, uses and discloses personal data for the following purposes:
- responding to your requests and queries including requests and queries from your authorised representatives and individuals purporting to be you;
- assessing, processing, settling, authenticating and investigating claims;
- verifying your identity and any information you provide to us;
- collecting payments and making any payments to you in connection with our products and services;
- marketing and promoting the business activities, products and services of GT Group to you via face to face meetings, telephone calls, SMS, fax, social media, mail and electronic mail;
- archiving, backing-up or destroying personal data;
- compliance, monitoring and audit reviews;
- meeting requirements of prevailing internal policies of GT Group;
- to communicate with you including to send you administrative communications about any account you may have with us or about future changes to this PD Policy;
- for data matching, internal business and administrative purposes;
- meeting requirements imposed by any law, rules, regulations, agreements or schemes imposed by any government regulators, law enforcement agencies, government authorities, dispute resolution or industry bodies or in connection with any investigations;
- conducting general administration in connection with the foregoing;
- other purposes as notified at the time of collection; and
- other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
By providing your personal data to us, you accept that GT Group may retain your information for as long as necessary, to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it is collected in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and GT Group’s prevailing internal policies. GT Group applies reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use including limiting physical access to data within GT Group’s systems and encryption of sensitive data when transferring such data. Reasonable steps will be taken to delete, destroy or anonymise your personal data when it is no longer necessary for any of the purposes above.
Consent for marketing purposes
If you have given us consent to receive marketing and promotional information through electronic mail, postal mail or social media or on your Singapore telephone number(s) via phone calls, text or fax, we may from time to time contact you on such Singapore telephone numbers(s) via your designated mode of communication or through electronic mail, postal mail or social media account(s) (as the case may be) to provide you with marketing, promotional information and updates about our products and services.
We may also seek your consent and notify you separately of the purposes of the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data from time to time with respect to particular products and services.
Any consent that you have given for marketing purposes is not affected by termination of your policy/other product/account.
Consequences of consent withdrawal
You may withdraw your consent for your personal data to be used for marketing purposes and you will stop receiving marketing information from us via the mode(s) of communication for which you have withdrawn such consent after a period permitted under law or in accordance with our internal policies. Please note that such withdrawal of your consent will not affect our ability to provide you with the products and services for which you have requested or to which you have applied, subscribed or are participating with us.
Amendments to this PD Policy
GT Group reserves the right, at any time and without notice, to add to, change, update or modify this PD Policy, simply by notifying you of such change, update or modification. If we decide to change our personal data policy, those changes will be notified on our website so that you are always aware of how and what information we collect, how we use the information and under what circumstances the information is disclosed. Any such change, update or modification will be effective as stated in the PD Policy.
AIA Financial Advisers Private Limited
111 Somerset Road
#14-28, TripleOne Somerset
Should you have any questions on any part of this PD Policy or would like additional information regarding GT Group’s personal data practices, please do not hesitate to contact us via the channels set out above.
Information is updated as at 01 August 2018.